Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Thus Far

Summer has been a blast so far. This Spring was extremely windy and we were afraid that we had moved to a wind farm, then we realized that their really is a wind farm just about 5 miles from us! Luckily, the wind has calmed down a little bit and has let us have a great summer.


Brady turned 5 this June. He had such a fun day. All day he kept saying "I just can't believe I am 5. This is so awesome". For many months we have been trying to get him to start reading simple words. He kept telling us that he wasn't going to learn until he was 5. The day after his birthday he said he was reading to start learning to read. He picked up the books we had bought him and started reading!

Brady got embarrassed with everyone watching and didn't want to blow out the candles to Gibson came to the rescue.


Kurt jumping like a friggin mountain goat!

Brady, Gibson, Eli, Tommy




Meieli and I ran a relay race with a bunch of our friends. This relay race is near Sun Valley and it was such a fun time. Our race started at 12:30 a.m. (yeah that is 12:30 in the morning when normal people are sleeping). The total race was around 80 miles so each person had to run approximately 10 miles. We all loaded in the suburban and followed eachother around and cheered for the runner. The day before the race we played around Sun Valley and shopped and ate.


Meieli and I and the kids decided at the last minute to go the Freedom Celebration in Driggs. This was such an awesome event. Their was an air show, pig races (which were very lame), tons of blow up castles for the kids, and then Glen Beck spoke. After Glen, there was the most amazing firework show I have ever seen. Meieli and I kept looking at each other in dis-belief at how amazing it was.


Brady and Gibson drinking a soda at the 6-12.



Christina, Meieli, and I singing at the 4th of July party in the park. Dave is also on the stage playing drums but whoever took the picture didn't include him for some reason. Luckily it wasn't me and I can prove it. Anyway, what a blast that was. We had all our groupies (our aunts, uncles, parents, bros and sisters, grandparents) plus a lot of people from Ashton. We had a great time and Meieli sang like an angel. She sang God Bless America completely a cappella and it gave everyone goose bumps.


Meieli, the boys and I all went on an 8 mile hike through Palisades. Brady walked about 5 or 6 of the 8 miles, he is such a stud. Gibson did really well too. We hiked to the lower palisades lake.



Here is Brady and Gibson hiking. They basically sang the whole time.









1 comment:

Andrea :) said...

Looks like you guys are having a busy, yet, fun summer. Your boys are so handsome!