This summer has been a blast. I feel like we have been having more fun than we ever have. We have literally been having camping trips, parties, and just stuff going on every single night. It has been a blast.
For memorial day, we went to Grossmami's cabin at Mack's Inn. We stayed
in the big cabin with Christina and Curtis and our boys. The weather
was freezing cold, it snowed almost the whole weekend, but it was still
fun. We had the wood stove going full blast and we just stayed indoors
and played games and ate.
Grossmami (Ruth Bishop) is a funny lady. I took her out earlier in the day in
the row boat with Adrian. We fished under this bridge for awhile and
then continued floating downstream. When it was time to go back, I was
trying to row us back, but it was extremely difficult. Grossmami kept
trying to tell me how to row and she finally just said she wanted out so I let her out at the shore and she walked back. It was hilarious. You had to be there, but Adrian will remember how
funny this was!
 |
| Meieli and Christina Playing Cards at the cabin |
 |
| Grossmami fishing off the docs at Mack's. |
 |
| Meieli and the boys at long dock on memorial day 2012. | |
|
|
 |
| Brady Playing guitar in the cabin during Memorial Day Weekend 2012. How could he be any cuter? |
We did our annual Sawtooth Relay in Stanley/Sun Valley. It was so fun again. We all rode up together in the suburban. There was Randy and Lindsay Palmer, Brenda Cude, Mamie Jorgenson, Megan Kellogg, and Meieli and James Allen. On the way there we nearly got thrown off the road from a huge wind gust but we made in there safely. Meieli and I ate a whole box of Ding Dongs and we all just had a good time. When we got to Ketchum we played around, went to a few stores, ate a good dinner, and then headed to the park to try to sleep. It was a little awkward because we were just kind of sleeping out in the middle of a park. Mamie was cracking me up because she just hated this part. The race was a lot of fun.
 |
| In the park. I think Randy was the only one who could actually fall asleep. Then the sprinklers came on and that was the last straw. |
 |
| James running up the pass. |
 |
| This is us. Happy Pace! We left a gap there because I am going to Photoshop Randy in later. Or I stink really bad, one of the two. |
Later in the summer Meieli and I and the boys hiked to the wind caves.
Brady made in easily the whole way. He has no body fat though, so you
have to stop about every hour and fill him up with food or he tuckers
out. Gibson made it about half way. It was a gorgeous day and we had a
great time. We spent the night the night before in our new tent. It
worked really well. Meieli and Gibson slept on the big queen air
mattresses while Brady and I slept on the little pads. Meieli slept
like a princess while Brady and I suffered, but she is pregnant (because
of me), so I guess that is okay.
 |
| James and Brady at the mouth of the cave at the wind caves in Darby Canyon |
Just last week Jeff and Lindsay came into town from Texas. We all met up at Teton Canyon Campground and had a great time. Dave and Alissa couldn't make it because there are living in Boise. That night we went on a little hike, ate good food, and sang songs around the campfire. The next morning, Dad, Jeff, and I all hiked to the top of Table Mountain. What a hard hike. I think I have hiked it about 15 times in my life, and it never gets easier. It was a tough hike but worth it at the end. Dad is quite the mountain goat. Jeff was still not adjusted to the altitude and he was breathing like cow in heat.
 |
| All of the fam around the campfire at Teton Canyon Campground. |
 |
| The sisters. All very beautiful. Especially Meieli and Ruby! |
 |
| Gibson rock climbing at "The Rock" near Teton Canyon Campground. |
2 comments:
Love it James. I always get a good laugh reading your blog. Also, I stole a couple pics and put them on my blog. Thanks
Nice belly, Meieli! !
Post a Comment