Friday, July 10, 2009

Vacation time







I took the week off of work, and we did nothing but play play play. We first went to Meieli's family cabin and stayed there for three days. We played by the in the river at Mack's Inn, rode our bikes to big springs to feed the fishes, and went to Hebgen lake and played on the beach.





The boys were so good the whole time. Well actually, they did get into a little fight while riding in the bike trailer back home from Big Springs. They were fighting over the limited space and things got ugly, but nothing that a little fruit leather didn't fix. We also went to West Yellowstone and shopped around.

We were going to stay a little longer but decided to come home early because I hate hidabeds. Those things are terrible. We did go to Grand Teton National Park though and did a 15 mile bike trail near Mormon Row. This has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Meieli was really complaining about how hard the bike ride was at first. I kept thinking "well I have the bike trailer, I should be the one complaining", so after a mile or so I was looking at Meieli's bike and realized the breaks were rubbing. Her back breaks got stuck somehow and her back tire wouldn't even spin around once when I was checking it. After that she felt like superwoman and was going way too fast for me.


Here is a shot of the Tetons early in the morning.

3 comments:

Britney said...

James- That shot of the Tetons reflecting is really beautiful you should sell it to someone to sell in gas stations! Teasing, but really it is beautiful! Such a cute family....

Jeff and Lindsay said...

Jamesy!
It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I love the picture of you guys biking right below the Tetons, that is incredible. You have the sweetest little family. We love you and miss you. Thanks for keeping your blog updated, it helps us feel close!

Elisa Allen said...

How did you take a picture of yourself riding a bike...is that really you in the picture or is that your stunt-man double? Wow, I think he looks just like you.