Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kids growing up fast

I can't believe how fast little boys grow up. One minute they are nursing, and the next they are farting on you and then laughing while running away.

Gibson is starting to sit up already. He is five months old as of yesterday, and he is such a good boy. He very rarely cries, and you can set him down for an hour and he just lays there looking around making noises. Then when you go to check on him, he gives you a huge smile. Brady is a sweet kid too, but he was never quite that easy.

So we gave Brady a hair cut today, but it was a very small haircut, just around the ears and the neck. We have decided to let it grow out long. I think he might be like a Samson version 2. He hates hates hates getting his hair cut with the buzzers. I (James) hold him down while Meieli cuts. He cries and screams, tears, snot, and slobber everywhere, he then rubs his face and gets hair into his eyes and mouth, then he starts gagging because of the hair in his mouth, and the he throws up. When we are finally done, he has those uncontrollable quivers for an hour. It is very traumatic. Like I said, we have decided to grow it out.


Here is Brady with his new haircut (not really a haircut, just a very small trim:


Gibson is still learning to sit up.


Gibson smiles about 75% of the time.



Meieli and I also decided to take a mini vacation to SLC. It was fun, but not totally relaxing because when you have young kids, it's just that way. What can you expect. They were so good though, and Meieli was pretty good too. We also went to see my little sis Lindsay and Jeff and their new baby. He is such a cute kid. we laid Gibson next to him and it looked like Gibson could have eaten him, (but Gibson is huge, not that their little boy is small).




2 comments:

Jeff and Lindsay said...

Awesome Pics! I'm so glad you are blogging! I love the story of Brady's haircut!!! Thanks again for taking pics of Bretty. We will see you this weekend, love ya.

Mama Wisch said...

Well Shoot!! I didn't know you had a blog! Where have you been my whole life? Your boys are so sweet and cute. I can't believe how big Brady is! And that Gibson..so cute! I wish..I wish that I could see you one of these days! Texas is kinda far away though! Take Care! Love you guys!!! But miss you more!